I received this email from a good friend today. It really put things into perspective for me. With life moving in fast forward, for most of us it is hard to stop and ponder about the things we are thankful for. I am going to try and see the positive side of the usual annoyances in my life!
I AM THANKFUL:
FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEBODY ELSE.
FOR THE TAXES I PAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED.
FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.
FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.
FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION.
FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.
FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS I CAN HEAR.
FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.
FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.
FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.
Let’s all remember to be more thankful!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I loved this! It gave me chills when I read it. Will you please email this to me so I can forward it to some of my friends and family? Thanks!
Thanks for the reminder-- that' really put things in perspective! Sometimes we just really take for granted all that we have. It was good to get caught up on your blog.
Also, check out my blog for some details on the upcoming digital scrapbooking class(Sept 28th). I should have time to post it tonight (Tues). And, have you seen the email come to invite you to my digital scrapbooking club? If no, I've added a "button" to click to join my group on my blog. Let me know if you have any problems!
Thanks for the uplifting...I really needed that! Sorry about the photo. I just feel SO darn silly...and you know why...plus, I can't even do my hair yet!!! So, I PROMISE to send some photos soon, or post some, but give me a couple more days, K. Hey, I love ya! Thanks for being my friend!
I love that Whit! It's so true...and I have been doing a lot of complaining lately!!
HOpe you guys are doing good! Call me!
This is so cool! I want to frame it. I need to be reminded of that most days!
Post a Comment