


Need healthy dinner selections?! I have a great receipe that i tried out tonight that was delicious. My cute husband doesn't like seafood at all and he even appreciated this yummy dinner. Being that UTAH was rated number 44 out of 50 states for the healthest people we must do all we can to maintain good health and be fit!!! (that comment is coming from somebody who loves sweets and should take her own advice in being more FIT, buy hey I am trying!) If you have any questions about this receipe let me know!
Shrimp Scampi:
Ingredients
(servings 2- most of you are cooking for more than two so just double the amounts or triple!)
2 portions whole-wheat pasta (4 oz. uncooked)
1 T. olive oil
3 gloves garlic, minced (fresh is the best)
½ lb of raw shrimp (I get mine from Sam’s Club in the frozen section)
3 T. butter buds
3 T. chicken broth
½ t. ground pepper
1 lemon, halved
Reduced Fat Parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
Directions:
1. Prepare penne pasta
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat
3. Add shrimp to skilley and cook, stirring frequently; until pink. (about 2 min.)
4. Add 1 Tbsp of Butter Buds and broth to shrimp; sauté about 2 more minutes.
5. Place cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl and combine I with remainder of the butter buds and black pepper; mix.
6. Add cooked shrimp to pasta and gently mix it all together.
7. Top with cheese and fresh parsley. ENJOY!
5 comments:
Hey Whitney-
How are you? I hope good. Your blog is really cute! I can't believe Renae's kids-they are adorable. I was shocked at how big the twins are! I found your blog through Jenny's. Well hope to talk to ya later!
That looks so good! I can't wait to try it!
Tyler loves seafood but I can't stand to cook it! It looks fabulous and I love that you took pictures of it! Maybe I will try the recipe for some special occasion or maybe just to be nice to my husband! Hope all is well!
Hey-Im glad you got my comment and responded!! We are living at my moms right now until we can find a house. Its been pretty crazy-but hopefully we will find one soon! Call me sometime 299-9290 or 927-8659. What is your email? Mine is kristaroyall@msn.com. K see you later!!
whit- you are quite the chef! You need to post some non-seafood recipes...we still need to get together. call me!!
Post a Comment