
To be completely honest I am not a HUGE fan of winter or even being COLD. Let me get one thing straight I would much rather be on the beach or in the ocean than hanging out on the slopes with cold hands and feet! However, this last weekend we hit the slopes for a day of snowboarding and skiing and had a great time…in spite the fact my toes were awfully cold!! It is always so fun to watch Austin, Zac, & Kiley cruising down the hill with NO fear at all! Zac is quite the little skier. He keeps right up with Phil and I and even likes to ditch us to go down the steep part of the hill while we take the easy route. Don’t get me wrong he does take a few tumbles and skis go flying but he jumps right up with a huge grin on his face ready for more! Austin skied his first year but then decided that he needed to be “cool” and start snowboarding with the older kids! This was only his 2nd time on the board and he did amazing! It’s so funny to watch him ride with the older kids because he does all he can to keep up with them. When he would get to the bottom of the hill he would quickly unbuckle one foot and jump on the chair lift all by himself! What….he is only 8!! This year is Kiley’s first year on skis, and she did awesome! She has no fear and she far outlasted all of us. If it would have been up to Kiley we would still be up there skiing!!! So even though I don’t LOVE winter I had a great time skiing/snowboarding with my family.



13 comments:
Looks like fun! I went skiing right after Christmas and though I too was freezing I had forgoten how much fun it was! I am sick of the snow and would much rather be on a beach or at least somewhere sunny and dry. How long will winter go on? I don't know how much more I can take! :)
I can't wait to teach Abby! I hope she likes it as much as Kiley. I'm really nervous to try it, since I've NEVER been! I'm sure Abby will be better than me in no time!
Looks like so much fun! We haven't taken Briggs up yet this year, but he asks every single day. I think I better buck-up and be a good mom! Anyway, good girl to be out in the frigid weather! You are a trooper!
what little studs. that looks like so much fun. cold fun.
You guys are champs! Look at you out there braving the snow. I hate the cold weather too... when is it going to warm up?
I'm so proud of you-finding something positive in this awful weather! Good job!
It looks like you had soo much fun skiing!!! We haven't been in like years, maybe I would like winter more if I skied, Cause I HATE this time of year! Ha!! It was sooo fun seeing you at Brooke's Boutique! you looked adorable as usual. It's soo fun reading your blog and staying updated on your life... Keep up the bloggin.
Im with you skiing is fun, but I'll take lying on a beach in the sun over skiing any day. What ever happened to that great idea to all go on a cruise together. That sounds nice right about now!
What is your blogging address so I can post you as one of my friends on my blog?
Talk to Phil and let's set something up to go out one night in the next few weeks.
how cute is your blog!! How do you do that with your name?? THanks so much for bringing dinner the other night... it was yummy!! Come stop by anytime, I crave adult conversation!! love ya!
Snowman
I am SO SO jealous! We went once this year and it was awesome! It was the first time I've gone in 4 YEARS!!!! I hope we get to go one more time before the season ends. Your nieces and nephews are darling! I can't believe how daring little kids are. It is so cute to see them up there skiing!
P.S. I have no idea which pictures I am going to choose. There are so many good ones! THANK YOU so much to you for having her link on your blog! She is amazing! Some day you are going to get some amazing pictures from her too, I know it!
It looks like you guys had fun! Don't you just love Wolf Mountain? :)
Post a Comment