Monday, January 14, 2008

The Perfect Weekend

What an amazing weekend we had! It was my mom’s 50th Birthday and my sister and I have been planning a surprise party since June of last year! So it’s been 7 months in the making! My mom is a very classy lady so we knew that we had to plan a very classy party for her. We planned every detail with my mom in mind! Here are some of the events that took place:

1. Last summer our family was having dinner at Ruth’s Diner, up immigration canyon, and a VERY GOOD band was playing outside while we ate! I got one of their business cards and booked them the next week for my mom’s party! They did an awesome job, and were so ENTERTAINING! My mom was SHOCKED that she had a band playing in her house for her birthday party! We danced and sang the night away!


This picture was taken before my mom arrived! I was so busy getting things set up I forgot to even take pictures of the set up! This one kind of shows the tables and the band!




Connie doing a SOLO with the band! She was having so much FUN!


2. For those of you who know me I like things to be PERFECT!! I stress so much on making parties the perfect night for whomever the party is for! I knew that if I had to worry about the food I would stress myself to the max trying to make everything perfect and all the dishes matching! So we decided to hire a caterer to do all the work! She did AMAZING. The food was to die for, the presentation was beautiful, and everybody loved it!
3. We had two hours to do all the set-up while my mom was out getting a FACIAL and a MASSAGE! As soon as she was out of the neighborhood we all moved in and started moving all of her furniture out so we could bring tables and chairs in! It was hilarious because we were in such a zone we got everything done so quickly! Our table centerpieces were so cute! We did HOT PINK Gerber daisy arrangements and placed the vases inside a candy dish full of HOT PINK M&M’s! They turned out so nice!

4. We made my mom a SCRAPBOOK with pictures of her growing up! We included blank pages for the guests to write something nice to my mom.
5. My mom has 6 brothers and sisters and they all live out of state. They flew in the morning of the party and surprised her at the party! She was in SHOCK and just kept staring at everybody! It was very touching.




Aunt Jenny (best Friend), Uncle Carney (brother), Grandma, Mom, Uncle Steve (brother)

6. After everybody was finished eating and a few people gave toasts to my mom we moved all of the tables out and set up a dance floor! We had so much fun dancing and singing with the band!

The party was a HUGE success! There was nothing left undone and nothing that wasn’t thought well through! My mom kept saying is this really my party!!!!!!! I am so thankful for my MOTHER and her love! I really enjoyed planning such a great night with my Sister for our perfect Mom! Thank you to my wonderful Grandma, Aunt’s and Uncles, and cousin who flew in from Oregon and California to share this special event with my mom! Thank you to my Step-Father who helped with all the planning and helped us make this night a HUGE SUCCESS!





On Saturday the Birthday events just kept on going! We also surprised her with a pedicure! A month or so before we booked 10 pedicures at a Day Spa in SLC. We had a private room for all of us and enjoyed a very relaxing pedicure! Even some of the boys enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with the girls! Then we went back to her house and had a wonderful dinner; filet mignon and CARROT CAKE! What a PERFECT weekend with the best family ever!


16 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy cow, Whit! You are amazing. How on earth could you be worried about camp??? I am going to have to come up one of the nights just to see in person how fabulous it is! Where are the pics of the party? I would love to see the decorations.

becca said...

Wow! You are amazing! You throw some awesome parties! What a sweet thing to do for your mom! It looks like she had a blast! I love the pictures!

arianabanana said...

Dude!!! You should be an event planner! I cant believe you pulled that off! Looks like it was a blast!

Darbee said...

YEAH! It looks like the party was a HUGE success! You are so good to do that for your mom! She is so lucky to have such sweet daughters. Good job, Whit!

Big Riles said...

You look so cute in all of those pictures! Way to go on the party, what a lot of work!!

Joani10 said...

What an awesome party! You and your sister are so sweet to do that. Sounds like your mom is pretty amazing herself; I bet she is so proud of you too. What a fun way to celebrate!
You need to give me lessons - or at least post some pointers :)!
I totally think you should be a party planner too!

Joani10 said...

PS I LOVE the money lei - SO CUTE!

Annie said...

You're an amazing daughter.Maybe you should consider event planning as a career?? It looks like the party was a lot of fun!! I'm so impressed!!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Oh course I remember you! How could I forgot our awesome Cali trip? :) It looks like you doing amazing- where are you guys living?

Sarah said...

Is it just me, or does that picture of her on the table look just like Kiley?

The Parks Fam said...

Whitney!!! I am soooo glad you found me on here! How are things??? Its crazy how much you and your mom look alike by the way. Looks like life it giong pretty good for you, Please keep in touch!

Renee said...

What darling invitations and a great party! Looks like you had so much fun! I got your e-mail about the jeans party. I really need a pair. I might have to hook up with you sometime. Tyler is out of town next week so I probably won't make it! Do you do personal consultations? :)

Arin and Troy said...

Wow! Now I know who to call next time I need help planning a party! I've missed seeing you and Roz the past couple of months, the holidays have just been crazy. Oh, and I hope you and Phil are enjoying the BEST primary class ever! Here is our blog, arinandtroy.blogspot.com

The Skinners said...

hey there! What a fun party for your mom. She doesnt look 50 thats for sure. And you look so great too.

Jessica June said...

Whitney- you should go into party planning!! You definilty know how to throw a party!! It sounds like it was a big hit!! Your mom is very lucky to have you! Who did you end up having cater the party??

kat said...

WOW!! So do you do this professionally? YOU ARE AMAZING!! Your mom is a babe. That is so great you have such a great relationship with her.