This Thanksgiving was perfect! All of our family spent the holiday at my mom's, including my Grandam who came in from California! We had a great time plaing games, watching movies, cooking dinner, and laying around. Anything is FUN with you are with your family on the holidays!
For many years my mom, sister, and I look forward to BLACK FRIDAY! Some call us crazy but until you give it a try you are surely missing out on great times. This year we started out at 3:30 AM and finished up about 3:30 PM, yup that's right 12 hours of fabulous SHOPPING. This year we started at Jc Penney's because they had IPOD's that we needed for the kids...after that we headed to WAL-MART, which was unusually not crowded! However, this year Target was a mad house. The line wrapped around the entire building, people must have been waiting in line for hours. Not us, we just merged in with the crowd and got yelled at for not waiting in line. It was funny because we just ignored them and continued to merge to the front of the line! We raced to the toy section and got what we wanted within 5 minutes! By the time we got outside the end of the line still had not made its way in yet!! I think the best part about this kind of shopping is watching all of the crazy people fight over electronics. Seriously people get pushed around and items get grabbed out of your hands by crazy women who need to save $10! Every year we have a blast and look forward to the next Black Friday!
Another tradition we have is going to get pedicures after our big day of shopping! All the running around sure takes a toll on our little feet! This year Grandma treated all of the girls to pedicures...they were fabulous! Thanks Grandma for a great day!
Friday evening we all got in our PJ's and headed down to the theater room for a Christmas movie, popcorn, and candy! We watched the Polar Express and had a great time! Thanks to my Mom & Steve for hosting such a great weekend for our family!
PICTURES COMING SOON!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your CRAZY! I can't believe you venture out in that madness! Good for you, though, it sounds like you had so much fun!
Sounds like a lot of fun. I can see you loving "Black Friday". I tried it out this year - it was great! I loved seeing what people ventured out for. A pedicure, I am jealous! I get a pedicure before I deliver every baby but I wish I could do it more often. Once every few years just isn't enough! Can't wait to see you guys next week. :)
You are so brave... I've never dared to fight the crazy crowds! Sounds like you can hold your own, though. I bet it's a blast, actually. :) Um, whenever I read your blog, I want to be in your family...am I invited next year? :)
Post a Comment