Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Beginning of our Journey

{Faith, Hope, and Prayer}
I feel so blessed to be married to such an amazing person and have a wonderful relationship. I am so happy that we have had 4 years to get to know each other and become best friends. We have always prayed for our future family and have such a strong desire to become parents and teach our children. However, the road set out for us hasn’t been an easy one or one that we would have imagined for ourselves. We have had many ups and downs while trying to add little ones to our family. I have experienced many emotions that I didn’t know existed and I am sure Phil was wondering WHERE his wife was!! I decided to stop worrying so much about it and started to veer my focus elsewhere; on things that I could control. I can’t tell you how many times I have been on my knees begging and pleading for strength. I have had many special experiences and moments that have helped me see beyond MY desires. Feelings that I can’t explain with words have put Phil and I on a new road; a road that I have always felt WE would be on. We have put our adoption papers in with LDS Family Services and pray every day that our baby will find its way safely to our home. We are so excited for our journey ahead!!
Thanks for all the support that our family and friends have shown us. We love you all so much! Please continue to pray for our family.

37 comments:

Zack and Julie Martin said...

I am so excited for you guys! Whitney you will be an amazing mother and you a phil are going to make a wonderful home for a child who needs it!
You know as well as I do after going to equador how many children need to be loved! Keep us updated!

Renee said...

Oh Whitney, you make me cry! Your are amazing people as individuals and as a couple. Whatever child ends up in your home will be so lucky! Good luck on this adventure. Keep us posted and we will keep you in our prayers!

Ashley said...

DOll, that is so wonderful! I know you have been wanting this for so long! I am so thrilled for the two of you and you will be the best mom ever! I can't wait for you to expierence motherhood! I truly admire you! You are in my thoughts doll!!!!

powerhouse said...

Good luck Whitney. I know from my sisters experiences that this route of bringing children into your home can be so beautiful. You will be a wonderful mom and any child would be so lucky to have you. I am excited for you. Keep us posted!!

Darbee said...

Oh, Whitney! I am so excited for you and Phil. What a wonderful and beautiful thing adoption is. I know there is a baby out there that is waiting for YOU! I'm glad you've found peace with your decision... I will be praying for you! Good Luck with this adventure. I Love you!

Tawni Williams said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys! We'll be praying for you!!! I know you will be an amazing mom!!

Mandy said...

I am so impressed with you Whitney and what you have gone through and now how you received your answer. I am someone that has seen adoption first hand be the most miraculous oppurtunity. That baby that makes it to your home, it will be nothing but perfect and well planned through Heavely Father. Keep me posted and know our prayers here at the Martin home are with you. Love- M

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you! Keep us updated on the progress. We will keep you in our prayers. Love ya!

Ashley said...

Oh Whitney! I am so happy for you. Reading your post was amazing. I know that your family will find you. I wish you the best of luck, and we will pray for you always. Adoption has such a special place in my families heart, and I know the Lord will bless you. Love ya girl!

Noel Family said...

Whitney, I'll keep you in my prayers. There are SO many children out there who need loving parents. I know you will make a wonderful mommy! Keep us posted!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Phil and Whitney! I'll just echo what everyone has said about how beautiful adoption is. After seeing my sister holding her son there is no question that baby was ment for her and I know, without a doubt, it will be the same for you. What a special and lucky baby Heavenly Father has planned for you! We will keep your family in our prayers!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

That is so awesome, congrats. I think adoption is so beautiful and special. One of my girlfriends adopted last year from an agency here and has recently sent out info on babies that still need homes there. They are looking for adoptive families! I am sure you are happy with LDS and and etc but if you want info or to contact her, I can give you any thing you need just email me.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for posting this! i just randomly came upon your blog! i have only been married for 9 months, but this is an issue in my husband and i's marriage and this brightened my day, and i know everything will be fine! thank you SO much for posting this! i know that i am not alone and best of luck with everything!

lindsey

Little Extras Shop said...

Ahhhhh! So exciting! Congrats! I hope you get a little girl so her and Audrey can play! So fun! I am seriously so excited for you! You are going to be the best mom! It is the best! I really just can't wait! I'm probably pretty close to being as excited as you are! Keep me updated on everything!

whitney holland. said...

Anonymous: Please feel free to email me! I would love to be a support to one another. It's hard to find people that are going through the same emotions. Good Luck to you! (psholland@mac.com)

Shalantie said...

Hey, JJ and I are both so happy and excited for you guys! I have no doubt that you will end up with a beautiful family! You will both be amazing parents too. I hope you keep posting the updates on this wonderful journey :) Good luck with everything! Love you guys.

Hillary Garner said...

You are so amaizing Whit and I'm so excited for you! I hope the process goes smoothly and quickly so you can start giving your love to that special baby! Love you Whit!

The Stones said...

You will make a fantastic mom, Whit. You are such a doll, we're praying for ya! Let me know if we can help get the word out, k?

Matt and Abby said...

Whitney, congratulations. That is exciting news. I am so happy for you. I hope everything goes well and I will pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh whitney, Im so excited for you! Adoption is seriously such a beautiful thing. I just know that you will be blessed with a beautiful baby that needs your love. You and Phil are so awesome you'll be the best parents ever! Keep us updated and will keep you in our prayers. XOXO
P.s we need to get together

Rozalyn said...

I am so excited for you guys! You guys are amazing people and I know you will be blessed. We will keep you in our prayers!

Dede said...

Thanks for sharing Whitney.. that is sooo exciting! I will be thinking of you guys. Be sure to keep us posted. I have 2 little brothers that were adopted and I can tell you first hand that adoption is an amazing thing! Your babies will be so lucky to come into your family.

Sharielle said...

Whitney, I am so excited for you guys. You are going to be amazing parents for a baby that needs you. He or she will be lucky to be part of such an amazing family. Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going!

Contact said...

whit i am very excited for you! you should read up on my sister becca's blog... her baby boy just came into their life the same way and it is obvious he was meant to be theirs...i can't wait to meet the baby meant to be yours!

Nicole and Scott said...

I am so excited for you...I can't even imagine how hard it has been. I know that you will be the cutest mom ever...hopefully around the same time as me!~

Jen Herem said...

this is exciting.. motherhood is amazing and you will love every minute of it. i think adoption is such a wonderful thing. good luck and of course, i'd love to photograph your little one, when they arrive!

XOXO

Brandee Lloyd said...

thanks for making me cry. I hope that you will get a strong healthy baby. You guys will be great parents ands we will keep you in our prayers. Love Ya!

becca said...

This is so exciting and beautifully written! I got to see you in action down in Ecuador and witness what an incredible love you have for children. You are an amazing person. Whatever child finds its way to your home will be so lucky. I can't wait to hear more!

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

Oh Whitney, I'm so excited for you. I know you have been waiting for this for such a long time. You are going to be the cutest, sweetest, funnest mom. That little baby will be so lucky to have you. I hope everything goes well for you guys. I love you!!

Kysha said...

Thanks for sharing Whitney. You are an amazing woman and will be an amazing mother. Love you!

MattJulieGavin said...

wow! congratulations! that is so exciting and i'm so happy for you! hope all goes smoothly for you.

Jenn J. said...

You guys are such amazing people and I can't wait for great things to happen for you! Good luck with this new step you're taking. Any child would be lucky to come to your beautiful home.

linds said...

Wow, this is SOO exciting for you! I know you'll be wonderful parents :) We'll keep you in our prayers!

Zach and Erika said...

Sheesh, thanks for making me tear up! :) GOOD LUCK! I am excited for the both of you and hope that you don't wait long! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers! What an exciting time!

Maura said...

My hubby and I are entering our 19th month of trying to start our family. I can only imagine how exciting this must be for you both. Congrats and best of luck!

Maura (Nicole Jones' sister)

arianabanana said...

Wow, Whitney, that is amazing!!! I had no idea all that was going on with you guys!! I guess that's what happens when we move away, huh. I will DEFINATELY keep you in our prayers, and I know you will be blessed. You are such an amazing woman, you will bless the lives of ALL the little babies that come into your family...whichever route they take.

Bayles Clan said...

yeah that is the best news. it is amazing how children can come into and bless our lives in just the right way. you are in our thoughts and prayers through the entire process. you will love motherhood and do so well. this little one will be so lucky to have parents that will care and love unconditionally.