Thursday, September 11, 2008

Utah State Fair OR BUST

This last weekend we spent Saturday afternoon and evening at the Good Ole State Fair! If you haven't been to the fair since 1990 don't worry NOTHING has changed! The same pigs, same CARNIVAL rides, same funnel cakes, same 'mexican' trinkets, same crowd!! Don't get me wrong we had a good time but can I just say that the State Fair brings out the best of UTAH! I have never seen so many mulets in my life!! Of course we stayed for the rodeo and had a great time watching the bull riding!







If you haven't made it to the fair yet this year I suppose you better get out your acid wash jeans and cut off tank tops and head on down for a night of people watching!!

8 comments:

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Its true...the fair never changes much. You and your husband are such a beautiful couple, and seem to have so much fun together. I love looking at your blog.

becca said...

Hooray, I can still see your blog! I forgot to give you my e-mail before you went private, and I was bummed because I didn't know how I was going to get a hold of you. Then today I thought maybe you had my e-mail already, and you did! I am so excited! So what did you decide with your hair? I love your long hair, but you are so beautiful you would look good with any length! I was laughing my head off at this state fair post because it is so true. Whenever I think of the fair I think of exactly what you described. It is a blast though!

P.S. Are you going to do a jean party anytime soon? I still need some new jeans.....BAD! Plus, it would be fun to see you.

Darbee said...

We braved the fair on Monday... GROSS!!! But the kids did have a great time! We NEED to get together soon. Sorry I missed the party, Briggsy got sick... probably from all the germs at the fair! :-) Can you do lunch or dinner next week? I could definitely use a girl's night out! Call me!

Sarah said...

I love the fair. We missed the big one, but we went to the Davis County fair a few weeks ago. I love the crappy fair food! I heard your mom is getting a new puppy. When it gets here, will you bring it over? I told Jake the other day that I'm ready to get another one. Zoey is awesome, and I am totally missing the puppy days!
By the way, where the heck have you been? I never see you anymore. We need to do dinner again, and then Rock band.

Ashley said...

Fairs crack me up, but I would be interested to see which is worse, Utah or Idaho! We've REALLY got some crazy's. You go there, and you would think because YOU didn't have a mullet, that you were the one out of style!
By the way, I asked you about the jeans thing before, and you never responded. I'm curious, because you know me and my long legs...what kind of jeans do you do, and do they come in 35+ inch inseams?
PS. Your always so stinkin' cute!

Noel Family said...

Hey Whitney, Rachel Blanchard wants me to tell you to invite her so she can see your blog! :)

Matt and Abby said...

We braved the fair too, and I thought the same thing...it hasn't changed a bit! You look adorable!

Renae and Jared said...

the sad thing is, one of my kids had a mullet when we where at the state fair! at least she had clean clothes on (or i hope she did!)
R