There’s nothing liking waking up during your R.E.M. cycle to quivering voices on the other line of a telephone! It’s like a bad dream that I don’t want to face!
At four o’clock this morning I had two missed calls and text message from both of our duplex renters. The message said that somebody had hit their car into our house but the damage wasn’t too bad. I woke Phil up and we decided since we do in fact own the house we better go up there and talk to the Police. The front end of the car was completely CRUNCHED into the front of the house, air bags deployed and all. I was expecting to see an ambulance or an EMT at the very least, or maybe a couple of intoxicated teenagers. But that wasn’t the case; just the police and our renters! The driver had taken off without the car, without their cell phone, and without several other personal items. Duh, like the police can’t track you down! It was a little strange standing around not knowing how did and wondering if they were going to jump out of the bushes and go POSTAL on us! I took several pictures and gave the policeman our information and headed back home.
Phil went this morning to check out the damage and it’s pretty bad. The entire basement wall is cracking and it’s the only barrier to seeing completely to the outside. Thankfully we have insurance and hope that this ‘car’ also has insurance to pay for the damage. Phil thinks it will be a nightmare to fix because the entire outside foundation is cracked with a big hole in it.
Our duplex is seriously impossible to crash into unless you are driving on a DIFFERENT planet and seeing STARS! I will post the juicy details as soon as we get the full police report!
At four o’clock this morning I had two missed calls and text message from both of our duplex renters. The message said that somebody had hit their car into our house but the damage wasn’t too bad. I woke Phil up and we decided since we do in fact own the house we better go up there and talk to the Police. The front end of the car was completely CRUNCHED into the front of the house, air bags deployed and all. I was expecting to see an ambulance or an EMT at the very least, or maybe a couple of intoxicated teenagers. But that wasn’t the case; just the police and our renters! The driver had taken off without the car, without their cell phone, and without several other personal items. Duh, like the police can’t track you down! It was a little strange standing around not knowing how did and wondering if they were going to jump out of the bushes and go POSTAL on us! I took several pictures and gave the policeman our information and headed back home.
Phil went this morning to check out the damage and it’s pretty bad. The entire basement wall is cracking and it’s the only barrier to seeing completely to the outside. Thankfully we have insurance and hope that this ‘car’ also has insurance to pay for the damage. Phil thinks it will be a nightmare to fix because the entire outside foundation is cracked with a big hole in it.
Our duplex is seriously impossible to crash into unless you are driving on a DIFFERENT planet and seeing STARS! I will post the juicy details as soon as we get the full police report!
15 comments:
Wow! I cannot believe someone would just leave the scene of an accident like that. What a pain for you guys. Hope everything works out o.k.
Are you kidding me??? I NEED the details! I hope they find whoever did that, and make teach them a serious lesson! Unreal! I'm glad everyone is okay, though. Love you guys!
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!!!! I cant believe that!!! POST DETAILS!!! I sure hope who ever did it has insurance holy moly!
That is CRAZY! I can't wait to hear the details. I'm glad you don't live there anymore at least!
I cannot believe that. What a way to wake up in the middle of the night.
Holy cow, you guys!! That's nuts. I hope you get everything worked out. What a mess!
Seriously who does that?! I can't believe people actually crash into houses like that! I can't wait to hear the juicy details!
haha. what kind of people are you renting to?!! looks like the culprit has ok taste, i see a timbuk2 bag in the passenger seat. can't wait for the update.
That is INSANE! WOW! I was really hoping I would get to see you last night at Sharielle's shower. I missed you! Hope you are doing well!
Oh wow! That does not sound like fun! I hope it all works out...good luck with that one!
Hey, are you coming to Bear Lake for the picnic on Saturday? Dave and Heather sold their boat so we will just be chilling in the sand. We would LOVE to see you there!
check out the vhs class blog at vhs2000.blogspot.com.
Be sure to leave your name and blog in the comments and spread the word.
Whitney, that is quite a story! Travis and Liz have a blog now! Check it out - go through the link on my blog.
Girl...I got your message. I love ya and miss you! You look GREAT!!!!!
Hey Whitney,
Thanks for the cute comment! Don't worry, I still love you even though you are a stalker...hee, hee. Girls camp was AWESOME! I'm so glad I got to know you better! So how do you know Chuck and Lindsay Skinner? Hmmm, do I have some stories for you! ;)
Post a Comment