We had a fabulous trip! We went with some friends to Orlando then on a Western Caribbean cruise. This was our first cruise and we absolutely loved in! The weather was amazing, the ship was wonderful, the service was incredible, the entertainment was great, the food was OKAY but plenty of it and the ports were a blast!
Our trip started on a VERY rocky road! We boarded our NWA plane at 7:00 AM and sat on the plane for a good hour until they finally told everybody to get off the plane because they had to fix something. Well at this point we were not going to be making our connecting flight so we had to figure out a new route to get to Florida. UGH! After a lot of phone calls and shuffling around we were able to get on a Delta flight at 5:00 PM. So what to do for 8 hours at the SLC airport? We went to Gateway and watched a movie! Not exactly how we planned to start the trip but it all worked out and we ended up in Orlando by midnight! We spent the next day at Universal Studios and then shopping of course! We had a blast.
We boarded the ship on Monday and the first thing we did was EAT at one of the buffets. I always heard that you definitely don’t starve while cruising, that was the truth…there was food everywhere! Being on the ship is like being in a little city, they have so much going on and it’s hard to imagine you are in the middle of the Ocean. Every night we went to a Broadway style show, it was great entertainment! The boys especially enjoyed the costumes!
{That’s all I will say about that}
Our first port was Grand Cayman. We spent the day swimming with sting rays and snorkeling at a “coral reef” that was not really a coral reef! The sting rays were amazing but the snorkeling not so much. Our stay at port was short but I felt it was enough to see the city. I am not sure I would want to go back and spend an entire week on the island I think the 8 hours was probably plenty!
Our second port was Cozumel, Mexico. Of course we love this place! This was our sixth time to Mexico in 3 ½ years! Because Phil speaks Spanish we are able to get around easily and see anything we want! We spent a lot of the day at the beach and then shopping! I have to say that Cozumel has the best shopping out of the other cities we have been to! There was a lot more to see than just MEXICAN trinkets!
Of course we had a Formal Night. It was so fun to get dressed up and see all the other people decked out! We had a cocktail party (fruit punch for us!) before dinner, and then of course enjoyed another great show that evening! Next cruise I will definitely go all out on the formal night because it was a lot of fun!
Every night we would come into our room and our cute Steward had created little animals out of our towels, and sometimes clothes! One night we came back to the room and found somebody lying in our bed! No, it was not real! Yes, I freaked out! Overall we had a blast and will definitely be cruising again, hopefully SOON!





24 comments:
How fun!! I love cruises!! And you look so cute in EVERY picture!
thats really funny about the guy lying in your bed. it would have scared me. how clever of your steward.
sounds like a great trip. glad you are home safe and sound and not too much fatter.
Whitney! I am sooo jealous! That looks like so much fun! You look totally beautiful every night with all your cute dresses! How fun!
Looks like such a fun trip! You are one smokin' babe! You look gorgeous in all the pics. So sorry to hear about your grandmother.
What great pictures! You are such a darling couple! It looks like you got some good color - lucky you! I am glad that you finally made it there and survived the rocky start and the rocky end. Thanks for posting!
How fun! You look AMAZING! I'm glad you had such a great time!
Oh fun! You look so great. When I saw that picture of you with the snorkel on, it reminded me of when we took that picture of a bunch of us in Cancun for our Sunburst dance trip with all of our snorkels.
It looks like you had an amazing trip!!! I'm so jealous! I want to go back tomorrow. It looks like you had an absolute blast. You look so amazing in all of your picutres! Like a little model, did people mistake you for a celebrity? I can't believe the funny things the stewards did for you guys. I've never heard of that before. I would have freaked out for sure. So funny!
I am so jealous!! What a fun trip! And you are way too SKINNY!! You are withering away! I hope you gained at least 15 pounds on that trip! I want to see more pics! Call me and let's go to lunch!
Whit you are beautiful! Soo tan.. Soo jelaous! Call me so we can get together!
Man I am so jealous-but it looks and sounds like you had a great time! Your pics are darling. Welcome Back!
you are so cute! i need you to give me a makeover!
I love cruising! It looks like you guys had a great time.
How funny what your cabin steward did!!! That is so clever!! I bet he gets awesome tips!!! Im soooo jealous that you guys went on a cruise!! I LOVE cruises! I actually went on one to the same area. I went to Key West, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I LOVED IT!!! And you are totally right about the ship being like a little city. Me and my friends would literally get lost on the ship and have to ask people where the heck we were. SOOOOO fun!
Looks like you guys had fun! I love the dress you have on in pic where you are standing on the stairs! So cute!
Duh... Do you EVER not look StUnNiNg?!? I hardly even got ready once on our cruise... it's too much work when all you do during the days is play at the beach with the kids... Oh, maybe that's why we should've left our kids home! :-) I'm glad you guys had fun! Cutest pic's, ever! Teach me how to do the collage thing. Do you have to use photoshop? I need pointers! Love you!
Dang! I wish I was there right now. It looks like you guys had a great time! And Whitney you look awesome!!
Im so jealous! I love cruises! You and phil look are one HOT couple!!!
So sorry to hear about your Grandma.
WHIT you are so FREAK'N SEXY!! way cute dress's and shoes. i'm glad you had fun. phil- you look fab too!;)
i am so sorry about your grandma. sorry you couldn't be there for the funeral. love you
that looks like oh so much fun! you look gorgeous! what cruise line did you guys take? we've been chatting about doing one.
do you perhaps know what days would work best for you the wk of june 16th to get together and play? planning is so difficult!
YOur pics look fabulous! We did get the snorkeling and sting ray pics developed but they're not digital (waterproof camera) so I need to scan them in...the ones of you and Phil with the sting rays are awesome...I will get copies to you ASAP!!!!!!!! By the way, I paid off the watch and gave it to Scott when we got home....couldn't wait any longer....what will I get him for Christmas now?!?!?!?
Cute you look any hotter? dang girl.. if we could all live the life you are living... you guys always seem to be up to nothing but fun!
You're lookin' very SASSY!!! My sister went on that same cruise, it sounds like a lot of fun.
Phil, there sure is a lot of popped collar going on in these photo's lol.
Rich
Post a Comment